Tv Blunders

Best one I saw was on the national news many years ago. BL were suffering yet another strike and had stockpiled X'000 Marinas. To demonstrate the point there was a shot of a large car park absolutely full of...................................Ford Escorts.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Did anyone else notice the LD1 powered Autotruck in last Week's Foyles Law? Only about ten years early :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Thats nearly as bad as wearing an Anorak and taking train numbers, oop's I do that :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Not to mention the little post war bakelite Bush radio behind him on the window sill.

Right, I think I better go and take my anorak off now :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

The other day there was an UK TV news story about Rover popssibly having a large share taken by some Chinese conglomerate. Gave a brief rundown on Rover with a shot towards the end, of 60s Minis coming off the assembly line.. Perhaps because Rovers are made at Longbridge now, that someone called for Longbridge footage of yore? Youngsters of today most probably never heard of Austins! :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

"Tom" wrote

Sort of valid as MG Rover is the final resting place for practically the whole of the once great British motor industry, including Austin. If this Chinese outfit does buy in, it will give them access to a vast array of almost forgotten marque names - might we see Wolseleys and Rileys driving around the streets of Beijing?

Reply to
Nick H

Not really, as MG wasn't mentioned..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

"Tom" wrote

I havn't really paid much attention to the news reports as it is all rather too tragic - are they splitting up the current company (MG Rover) and selling only one part to the Chinese then?

Reply to
Nick H

Perhaps we'll see the Wiley Coyote sorry about that Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Only if they employ Jonathan Woss in the model naming dep't - shades of Mitsubishi Starion ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON

There's lots of this stuff about and I must admit to having done it myself in the past. In 1987, we had a group of warriors dressed in full English Huscarl kit (like the tradinanal picture of Norman Knights) on a very dramatic beach in the Isle of Man - brilliant expensive-to-arrange location backdrop. During the lunch break, I whip out the camera and get them in various poses storming the beach. Very dramatic and bl**dy good pictures, too.

Only when they were developed did it become blindingly obvious that the bucket into which I'd asked them to deposit their gloves (not accurate for the period) was in absolutely every shot. True, it was a wooden bucket, but it looked very out of place against the white sand and desolate surroundings!

I must admit to a grudging sympathy for the producer of Foyle's War as there are so many of us still about that remember which model of car, steam roller, car, lorry, Spitfire was around etc, etc. However, the thing I cannot forgive is the constant incorrect portrayal of the customs and social mores of the day . My pet hate is the military. Here there is so much evidence - photographic, film and living people - still around to be able to easily get it right - but they still sloppily portray a private actually speaking to an officer unasked, saluting each other when the uniform is incomplete and wearing post war kit.

Hazel says it is good for me to shout at the telly, it gets it out of my system ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

So what's the point in charging around with the pointy stuff and the brillo pad combinations ? 8-)

Talking of which, I made these recently

Andy Dingley