Unusual ST turned up in the 'States

Gary Epps in Missouri has found this interesting engine. Looks like a modified P4 to me, but please what do you all think? I've never seen one of these before.

He says "A little engine followed me home yesterday. It has Stuart cast on the crankcase behind the flywheel. There is only one flywheel which is solid with cast in pulley. It is a vertical with external pushrods and rocker are assembly on the head. The magneto is a Lucas and I find no name on the carb, just the word Birmingham. Is has a large gas tank for the size of the engine. There is a large rectangular copper cooling tank that is plumbed with brass pipe. The gas tank mounts to an upright pipe frame and the water tank sets on a board on he rack. "

Please copy Gary into your replies as he isn't on this list

snipped-for-privacy@fidnet.com

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to