Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Quotes
Gentlemen, How's this for a quote "Science is when you do what you don't know what your doing" Martin P
1
1

Lister FR oil filter
Has anybody out there retro fitted an oil filter to a lister fr? it only has a crude mesh filter.

That Italian Race programme
(coz I can't spell it) I saw this last night.................. It was fairly obvious that the rich chef had entered for the wrong reason. He hoped he'd get his money back and make a profit - when in...

Looking for a ......
It occurs to me that we have all got a project partly completed & are Looking For A .... Perhaps this time of year is a good time to be making some enquiries. Also, you might ask for the engine you...

OT - Yahoo groups
I pass this on in good faith from Another Place. It appears to do what it says on the tin. Regards, Kim Siddorn Attention Group Yahoo is Tracking Group Members If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be...
1
1

O/T, B&Q Sale
Our local B&Q is having a sale. Apart from the usual Christmas decorations there's a variety of interesting stuff in the =A31 buckets, eg, outdoor light switches, sets of about 6 masonry drills and...

Happy New Year
Gentlemen, Tomorrow I am on a delivery run to Internal Fire, I am taking a Single cylinder Pelapone, a large well pump, several boxes of electricery, a large filing cabinet and anything else Dan...
10
10

Glass available For Free
We've taken out two largish sheets of glass in the rebuild of the roof and first floor at home, and they'll go to scrap unless anyone can use them? 72" X 36" effective, there's a slanted edge at one...

OT Telly
Gentlemen, Because of what I think is Sciatica in my right hip and leg and have not done much other than sit and suffer :-(( This evening though has been excellent because of 1. Top Gear and 2. James...
13
13

B&SGSEC 2008 Xmas & New Year Crank Up
The Bristol & South Glos club held it's Christmas and New Year crank up today. Like our neighbours the Wessex who's crank up had been the day before, attendance was down (presumably again due to the...
5
5

silencer for Petter AB1
Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a shabby petter AB1 diesel engine. Apart from not running at all, it has no silencer - does anyone know much about silencers? I could do with it being as quiet as...

Hot paint tip
Spraying with aerosols in this weather invariably gives poor results, so many years ago now, I had an idea. Even a full can on a cold day will benefit from the hot water treatment. Obviously, as it is...
6
6

OT - you might like these
Big radial radial to home - Peter Grieve & friends Lion broad arrow on the Brooklands test hill V16 restored happy new year to all our readers! Regards, Kim Siddorn
6
6

W.S.E.C. Mince pie crank up 2008
Numbers were down this year possibly due to it being rather a cold day in fact it was freezing.However we did have an event with all engines running for most of the time. Pictures on --- Happy new...
11
11

armstrong sidderly
I'm looking for an Armstrong Sidderly AS3, if anyone sees one for sale. I'm also interested on finding out the spares situation for these engines.
5
5