That Italian Race programme

(coz I can't spell it)

I saw this last night.................. It was fairly obvious that the rich chef had entered for the wrong reason. He hoped he'd get his money back and make a profit - when in preservation has anybody done THAT?? - not that often.

Also, he obviously had little affinity with the car he was driving and he hadn't heard of the two words "running in". Whoever takes a brand newly-rebuilt engine of that age and races it straight away? OK for a modern car, but I remember, as late as 1973, having to run my new Mini in.

He was the victim of his own ignorance, I'm afraid to say.

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic