silencer for Petter AB1

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a shabby petter AB1 diesel engine. Apart from not running at all, it has no silencer - does anyone know much about silencers? I could do with it being as quiet as possible as it is for providing power on my boat. Is there a proper exhaust I can get, or can I lash on an old car ehaust? I'm guessing that quietness is more or less related to silencer size?

thanks in advance,

Jim Potter PS does anyone know where I can get a gasket set for these engines?

Reply to
jimchuffff