Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

R2517
Class 73. Anyone have opinions on this, esp its running? Thanks Rob
6
6

25322 Tamworth castle
Hiya Does anyone have a bachmann class 25 number 25322 Tamworth Castle for sale (blue example) or know of anyone who does. Thanks Mark.
1
1

Colour of concrete
I have built an LMS coaling tower from plasticard based on the one at Carnforth, from photos I took, and drawings in LMS Engine Sheds. I gave it a bit of texture with a thin coating of polyfiller, but...
9
9

King Arthurs delayed
Sounds like the Hornby 'King Arthur' & 'Pendolino' models are now delayed until March 2007 if a report in one of the model railway magazines is to be believed. John.
47
47

Marklin HO & Marklin Z scale for sale
I have listed about 70 Marklin HO and Marklin Z locomotives, cars, track and such for sale on ebay. Click on this link to see the pictures and the listings. auctions end on Sunday January 7, 2007...

6 wh wagon - Not milk - Guinness!
The six wheeler shown in Roche drawing G/114 for a 'modern carriage truck' about which I asked a while back is (I believe) actually a BR built dia 1/332 wagon used to transport Guiness six wheeled...
21
21

I was a bit bored...
....so I took some photos of The Railway. If anyone is interested you can have a look at a sample at: was using a new flash-thingy so I wasn't sure how things would work out, and in playing about with...
5
5

NIR 8111-Class
Does anyone make an HO scale NIR/Translink 8111-class engine? See here: Charles Picture Gallery - Directory: /pix/ie/diesel/8111

Heljan 2007 plans confirmed.
Have just received the following confirmation from Heljan of their 2007 releases. I believe the plans for 'Falcon' will only proceed if there is an encouraging number of advance orders which have to...
9
9

For Sale (private) N & HO US outline
On re-appraising my 'wundy box' (one day I'll get around to building something!) I have some items for disposal. Please check out my web site at can be by cheque/postal order, and I can deliver in the...

H & M Duette controller terminals
I have a couple of H & M Duette controllers for use with the layout I am building. Wiring up the variable power for the trains is easy - nice big terminals, with thumbscrew nuts. However, I don't have...
18
18

TV interference - Any suggestions?
Hi, I've just tonight put together an N gauge set on my lounge dining table to amuse the kids (and me!!) and it is interfering with one of the digital boxes in the other lounge but not the one that I...
6
6

Carriage Colour Schemes
When did the Blue & Grey livery come into use?
6
6

Hornby 0-guage models
Now I know most of us on this group are too young to remember the 1930s, but I have a question. Hornby are said to have made an 0-gauge model for the Swedish market at the time, but I haven't been...
1
1

Lima spares
I need som help please - Im looking for a spare pickup for the motorbogie on one of my Lima models - it isn't a model of a UK loco - and Hornby are unable to help. Anyone know of anywhere which has a...
2
2