Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor 00 trackwork
I'm now at the tracklaying stage on my outdoor 00 model railway and am pretty much settled on Peco nickel-silver flexitrack for the longer, straightish, sections and Peco n/s setrack (using the larger...
6
6

Re: Langley Models
Hi Rob, Langley are in kit form and unpainted. I have no experience of the fairground stuff, but have built a large number of the road vehicles - they are a delight. They are white metal, and go...
2
2

Re: Bachmann & Graham Farish news
New body shells for Class 45 and 46 versions are expected to follow close behind 4575 class prairie The first GWR 4575 Class small prairie will be a limited edition issue of 5553 in BR lined green...

Re: Lineside fencing
construction I belive it was a legal requirtment from birth.
1
1

Re: Air pipes
How flexible are these pipes? I've just realised that on the prototype they are always pulled back at a tight angle to form a semi-circular shape rather than the 'straight down' shape all the pipes...
1
1

Re: Mikes models
According to Dave Cleal at Mainly Trains, (he has an online list of the range) the supply of Mikes Models is a bit unreliable. Mainly Trains website is at: this is of help Terry Westford Modellers...
1
1

Re: DG couplings - availability?
The Westford website has a description and drawings from the assembly instructions as supplied by DG Couplings. Visit , click on stock list and then on the link to DG Couplings (just under the...

Re: Harry Potter ...
Yes, of course, that's it! Now, about the Knight Bus.... The book description doesn't sound anything like a triple-decker RT.

Modelling Irish NG in 15mm to the foot scale, new group
Hi all, I thought I would try out the idea of a group devoted to the modelling of the Irish NG on 45mm gauge track. 15mm to the foot , 1:20.3 scale. If you are interested then join up at D.S.

Re: Advertisement - New Hornby 8F - pictures
Roger T > Unfortunately, I prefer BR(S) and there's not that much out there. Hornby's Bulleid Light Pacifics and Rebuilt Merchant Navys are excellent, as is Bachman's N Class. I have examples of all...

Re: 00 track
The link from Skelton Junction to the former Altrincham-Manchester line is pretty tight. Everything slows right down and those awful 'westmister four wheeler' 2 car units must annoy people for a mile...

Re: North Wales Tank Wagon
There was a regular traffic in bromine (shipped as bromoethane - more convenient) from the plant on the north coast of Anglesey that extracts it from seawater. I was told that European legislation...
1
1

Re: Ballast - Paint
Interesting thread this - However for those without an airbrush: I have in the past sprayed the track itself with a tin of brown undercoat from a motor car bits shop, wipe the tops with a rag soaked...
10
10

Re: Translation
"Marcus" wrote A point lever? John.