Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

153 conversion
All your answers are in Model Rail 2002 Hope this helps -- Steve & Rose

Re: 155 to 153 conversion, Advice needed
Tram Man The answers are all in Model rail May 2002 Hope this helps. -- Steve & Rose http://www.granthammodels.co.uk

Modeloils
Hi, Anyone familiar with Modeloils, as advertised in RM? The firm advertises 'New Slippy-Slik Special Modeller's Lubricant' and 'Electro-Mechanical Solvent Cleaner'. I wonder how useful these products...

(plug) website update.
I have today updated a 7mm modern image garden railway, I have added a fotopic section that contains some photos by John Humphries ( British Railway Digital Images ), He is renowned for the quality of...

Hornby new Black 5
I have just found the bag of extra bits in the bottom of my Black 5 box. The brake rods snap in easily - I imagine a few spots of cement will hold them securely. The small sand pipes seem very...
4
4

Kadees
The issues are Kadee specific, eg 1. How to stop knuckle-closure springs falling off, I loose 5-6 each exhibition and they cost! 2.Same question about knuckle centering springs with NEM style heads....
4
4

Digitraxx decoder help. Please.
Hi all New at this!! First time install of a decoder (4 function) into a Hornby Black 5 went great.. I have also installed a smoke unit and need to connect it to one of the available 2 cables and the...
3
3

Old Lima tank and coaches - info?
I was given a bag of "goodies" today which consists of a pair of vintage H&M controllers and what I assume must have been a very early Lima trainset. This consists of : an 0-4-0 tank engine numbered...
3
3

Heljan 47
Does anybody know the release data from the Q3 47s?? Graeme

Old Magazines
Hi. I live in the US. Is there somebody in England who has copies of older MR magazines available?? Here in the US there is a company called RailPub, who also have a web site, who have copies of many...
4
4

Class 73 Lima
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a lima class 73 for sale in EWS livery or knows of anyone selling such a model... Thanks Emma

MRJ Magazine Binders
Since the first issue of MRJ, I have always kept my copies together using magazine binders from Celsur Plastics. The binder spine contained nylon links through which the magazine slid & each binder...
2
2

Lenz 1035 back emf?
Hi all, Has anyone managed to disable the back emf facility of these LE1035 decoders yet? I could wait for the lenz info to arrive, but I'm desperate to double head my bachmann 37's! Martin
75
75

US modeler visiting UK
We'll be taking our annual vacation in the UK later this month, and I'd like to visit a few model train stores if possible. Itinerary will include the Lake District and northern Wales. Plan to visit...
9
9

(plug) Website update..
I have updated my website a 7mm Modern image garden railway and have added a Fotopic section with some of my photos from around the Chester area, I am in the process of adding a lot more hopefully...