Kadees

The issues are Kadee specific, eg

  1. How to stop knuckle-closure springs falling off, I loose 5-6 each exhibition and they cost!
2.Same question about knuckle centering springs with NEM style heads.
  1. Tips for use with electro-uncouplers-I modified mine using the exceelent MR article a year or two ago.
  2. Difficult models that are Kadee un-friendly-Fleischmann Br64.

Thanks for any hints/tips or advice Gene

Reply to
Gene

"Terry O'Brien" <

Walthers Goo is one of those rubbery glues that never really sets up hard.

Correct.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

  1. I don't have this problem with new 5's or 58's. This might be because I use 900mm or larger curves.
  2. I don't use them because they look terrible.

  1. I am not familiar with the specific model but it sounds like you need to do what I do for most of my models. File or cut a suitable rectangular hole to fit the coupler box. Drill and tap at the appropriate location to screw the coupler box into position. KD's with the offset head can be used if you do not wish to file the buffer beam. I wish KD would bring out a long version of the 58.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

"Terry Flynn"

Much pressure on this side of the pond for Kadee to introduce all the various head and shank versions into the 58 range.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

"Roger T." wrote

I expect this will be announced as soon as I convert my last vehicle.

So don't hold your breath. 8-)#

Reply to
Terry O'Brien