How to stop Overide Value changing

Hello all, I've drawn a dimensional drawing in Solidworks and on some of the dimensions I've forced the value to be over riden, I save the file without a problem but when I re open the file the values change back to their original value, how do I stop this from happening? All answer welcomed. Nick

Reply to
Nick S

Which version of SW? I used to only see this behaviour with hole callouts.

Reply to
TOP

Hi TOP

Thanks for your reply, the version of SolidWorks I'm using is 2005. Can you shed any light on the matter? Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick S

Describe a bit more, step by step, what you are seeing, as in describe it so I can recreate it here. What do you mean "dimensional drawing"? Are you in a drawing, in a sketch, etc? How do you force a value?

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I had this, but can't remember when, I had replaced a dim with an = sign, this was a bug and has been fixed.

steve

Reply to
solid steve

hello all i am drawing a sketch in 2d due to the size i am drawing the item half scale and when i am complete i will go into comand manager and change dimesional value by using overide value but when i save drawing to file the value reverts back to original value and not the new value nick

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

***

Reply to
Nick S

Hi Nick

I assume you are producing the 2d sketch in a new drg. If you set the scale for the sheet to say 1:2 (right mouse click on drg sheet and chose Properties), you can enter real world dimensions without having to overide them, all sketch elements will be sized to the scale set. This is also true if you have produced your sketch in part mode. Hope this helps.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mac

Nick

Just had another thought. If you have other elements in the drg sheet that you want to have at a different scale, say 1:1 then your best bet is to either set these under "Custom Scale" or redraw your sketch in part mode ie, have the drg scale set to 1:1 and set the scale for the sketch part to 1:2 under "Custom Scale"

Reply to
Bob Mac

Reply to
Nick S