Saving a picture in autocad

Hello all
I have been trying to save a drawing with an imported BMP file. I know how to bind a reference file. But when I save as a dwg or dxf
THe photo show up as a path to the original photo. When I email he file and open on another computer all I see is a box with the path to the picture. Any help, I must be missing something pretty basic here.

You can't bind images. You can paste them into the dwg file but a better method is just to use etransmit.