Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3 rail track , transformers and running
I am thinking of starting a layout with 3 rail locos etc from Marklin , Trix , Hornby Dublo ,JEP and SMCF Can they all run on the same track and what would be the best transformer ? Many thanks for...
14
14

Signalling query
I have a signalling query for a layout I am constructing. Consider a terminal station built by one company (LSWR for example). Some years later another company (say GWR) builds another line to the...
10
10

Gauge 3, 2 1/2 "
Is there much around at this gauge, my interest is in narrow gauge having recently disposed of all my 16mm stuff as being too small?
1
1

Great Central coaches
Good afternoon Does anyone know of any RTR or kits of coaches built for the Great Central Railway - preferably in LNER livery and for local services, not express. Thanks
2
2

Free to a good home: OO gauge layout
Hi folks, I have an OO gauge model railway layout from the 1970s or '80s to give away , and I'd like to find it a good home. It needs a lot of work, but I'd rath er give to an enthusiast than send it...

Maplin digital train controller
Good evening all my name is paul and back in the late 80's early 90's I bui lt the project that maplins were doing call control a train it is as large controller with modules that go inside the loco's...
6
6

Hornby Clearance Alert
I hope someone is still reading this group. Hattons is offering bargain prices, as much as 40-50% off, on a wide variety of Hornby locos and rolling stock. See: Disclaimer: I don't work for Hattons,...
1
1

Anyone want an 00 gauge railway in need of restoration?
Hi folks, I have an 00 gauge electric model railway from the 1970s or '80s which I no longer use. Unfortunately it has been stored for a long time in the attic of my parents' barn. The solid, heavy...

Model rail cartoon
xkcd: Model Rail
1
1

Fatal Accident
At the Didcot Railway Centre last weekend, an enthusiast was run over and killed by a steam engine. He was chuffed to bits.

any body here?
17
17

New range of OO building kits
4Ground Model Kits and Miniatures, manufacturer of gaming and historical building kits in 15-28mm scale, has a new range of 4mm scale trackside building and accessory kits made of laser-cut card and...
5
5

OO 14XX driving wheels
Good evening I do hope this post is allowed, I have been trying to locate a pair of OO 14XX driving wheels. The loco I have has the traction tyres on one set. Hornby are out of stock as is another...
3
3

Traction engine kits
Having only recently taken up plastic kit modelling (late developer, and all that), are there any manufacturers of Airfix-kit-like Traction Engines? I can easily find real metal ones that cost several...
7
7

Homebrew?
For those who criticise my stance, that homebrew is something to which we should all aspire in order to keep up the true spirit of amateur radio, should merely think of the capacitance meter,...
2
2