Traction engine kits

Having only recently taken up plastic kit modelling (late developer, and all that), are there any manufacturers of Airfix-kit-like Traction Engines? I can easily find real metal ones that cost several thousands of pounds, but I'm just looking for one, maybe 1:48 or 1:72 scale, that I can assemble and look at.

T.I.A.

Reply to
Davey

Keil Kraft used to make one, not sure if it still available new but there are a couple on ebay at time of writing. Not too expensive. There was a larger scale one* by a firm called Bandai but they were in different league as to complexity and scale.

*Actaully they did a showmans and a roller ISTR, again one is on ebay

bids yet.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Thanks very much, I'll take a look. I tried e-bay earlier (days) but found nothing in the range I'm looking for.

Reply to
Davey

I see lots of Rowland Miniatures metal kits. What are they like?

I also see lots of cross-stitch and matchwood kits. Huh?

There is currently one suitable Keil Kraft kit for sale. It's currently

Reply to
Davey

Not DIY kits I know, but Oxford Diecast does several in 1:76. Nicely detailed, miles better than the Corgi ones that originated in the Lledo Days Gone scaled-to-fit-the box range.

Reply to
MartinS

Don't know to be honest, white metal kits can be very good or a Nightmare. They usually need a bit more fettling and filler to finish them of nicely

Cross stitch is a traditional craft the produces a stitched picture made with coloured wools on a fabric base, it won't be a 3d model. The Matchwood kit will need a lot of patience as it is a packaged version of what many do and build models from matchsticks, a hobby in its own right . With the decline in smoking and open fires finding used matchsticks is rare now and new "Matchsticks" are sold in packs. Ship models used to be popular and the craft may have it origins in those fantastic Napoleonic era ship models mage by prisoners of war from bone fragments from thier meals. eg

item no ( 301790274861

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Thanks. Although it says that the parts are still bagged, they are also unchecked. I bought a similarly-described KitMaster engine a year ago, and the bits that were missing were all important ones, so I am ignoring those for now. But thanks anyway.

Reply to
Davey

Very interesting, thanks.

Reply to