A RTR Prototype Deltic at Last!!!

going fast!

Shop # is 01904 686 240 (£140 UKP each)

2500 ordinary versions available in Jan 2008 (£95)
Reply to
no-spam-for-ijmfdoahebnnacdkcadjkbhfejohnedp

I don't believe it! I just don't flipping believe it! Is there

*anything* on my workbench that isn't about to be superseded by an RTR model? :-(
Reply to
Paul Boyd

Paul,

Me too - scratchbuilt, double motored, all wheel drive / pick-ups, original Kitmaster blue kit with glazing ex-Ebay, etched plates, Fox transfers, you name it I've got it! (Just not finished - as per usual).

But it'll still never be as good as a Bachmann laser-plotted-from-the- original RTR model, will it !?!

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

.... oooh - and a stockpile of original Humbrol Deltic Blue paint !!!

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

... and my predictions for forthcoming RTR?

Fowler 4F 0-6-0 (I've just paid silly money on Ebay for an old MPD kit) and an 82XXX 2-6-2T (ditto Kemilway kit)!!

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

Fowler 4F 0-6-0 ?

Duh!

MPD 3F kit I meant.

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

When I look at theat picture I can't help but be reminded of our old Ebay friend Aldo. he hasn't got a job with Bachmann, has he?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 26/10/2007 15:02:

Shudders.... I'd forgotten about him!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

cctransuk said the following on 26/10/2007 14:30:

I've got all that, plus the etched grills, although the body is Dapol - the all-wheel drive bits came from the abandoned Western project. Abandoned because the Lima body was never going to be as good as the Heljan even with the Brassmasters bits.

Just don't ask why a light railway person is modelling Deltics...

Which reminds me - must order a set of RoadRailer transfers sometime :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"cctransuk" wrote

I'd have both!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Have you seen the new workbenches? Much better than the old ones!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Nah, it doesn't say "Bachmann to produce RARE Deltic Prototype model".

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

I'll believe it when I see it... ;-)

Reply to
Ian J.

Try modelling North Eastern Region LNER if it really bothers you. ;-Þ

The last RTR North Eastern design was... erm... J72? And it's probably one of the ones BR built too.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Try modelling Scottish Steam - it's even harder!

Reply to
James Christie

Could I perhaps trouble you to begin work on a Stanier Mogul? :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

OK, I just noted that it says that visitors to the NRM will be in with a chance to get one of the 500 sets over the Christmas season, and the 2500 will be in January. I checked on the NRM website, but they don't have an internet shop, only mail order. Now, with me in 'cynical mode', what's the bet that they don't make these available mail order, so that to get one of these you'd have to reserve it in advance, then actually go to the NRM to pick it up thereby giving the NRM a hike in their visitor numbers...

Of course, I'd be happy to know that I'm wrong and that they can be bought mail order :-) though I'd have one of the standard ones not the special sets.

Reply to
Ian J.

On 28/10/2007 10:05, Ian J. said,

Even so, the NRM is well worth visiting, and they don't even charge admission which is amazing! Shame it's so far oop north though ;-) I first went there over 30 years ago as a kid, and hadn't been since. Then my mother moved to just outside Lincoln, so on one duty visit I scurried up to the NRM (which is much closer to Lincoln than it is to Weston-super-Mare). I was like a kid in a sweet shop!!!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Ian J." wrote

In August the NRM commissioned Bachmann to produce 504 models of their BSK support coach.

It was no problem for me to get one by making a phone call to the National Railway Museum shop at York ( Telephone 01904 621261 )

They had revised their p & p price downwards from the price quoted by some news sources.

I will be waiting for the "basic" limited edition one personally. I don't know, but I suspect that will be the same model but without a wooden box.

DW

Reply to
David Westerman