Hornby EMU at last?

Dear all Acording to a couple of posts on the DEmodellers group on yahoo, Hornby has undertaken to make Pre nationisation EMU's and is seeking input for the best type to make? Can anyone confirm or deny this? I for one, hope its true!! Rob

Reply to
robert-kemp

Dear all Acording to a couple of posts on the DEmodellers group on yahoo, Hornby has undertaken to make Pre nationisation EMU's and is seeking input for the best type to make? Can anyone confirm or deny this? I for one, hope its true!! Rob

Reply to
robert-kemp

Gor, that's all we need another bloody third rail tram!

What about something special, say a L&Y "Dreadnaught" in it's post WW1 incarnation?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Another? So with the Hornby 466 that'll make... 2 ;-)

According to MREmag it's true - along with two all-new diesel locos (apart from the delayed 31) :-D

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

This is on Pat Hammonds site today!!! good news and about time.

A Hornby EMU

Hornby are appealing for your help with one of their proposals for 2006. In response to your requests they intend to model a Southern EMU but do not know which class will be the most popular. They feel that it should be of a post-Nationalisation design but not post-Privatisation. It needs to be something suited to Southern Region green with the possibility of easy modification it to produce other classes in years to come.

The class that attracts the most votes from different people stands the best chance of being chosen. Please keep any reasons for your choice VERY brief. Under the title 'Hornby EMU', send your suggestions to snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk and I will collate them and pass them on.

All the best Steve (Parky)

Reply to
The Parkys

Steve Parky wrote:-

I'm still getting last friday's page so is there something wrong with my browser or what?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Sounds like your browser is just reloading a locally-cached version - press Ctrl+F5 to fix it.

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin

I really hope they stick with an earlier prototype and do something like a 2-EPB, for those of us with limited space. I'd understand them choosing a Mk.3 type (i.e. changing their mind about Southern green), but I'd personally consider an EPB over something more recent, or the

4-CEP or similar I'll expect will appear. (Sinking thought: 6-PUL.)

EMU aside (!), I was faintly disappointed, particularly with one of the new releases being duplication of another model. If the coaches aren't Staniers or the wagon not a 6-wheel milk tank, I'll probably cry...

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Rich Mackin wrote:-

I cleared my internet history, all temporary files and rebooted to avail. Friday's page was showing up until 4.00 this morning. At 11.00 when I next loaded the page it was Monday's. The machine and connection were left running all night. This isn't the first time it's happened.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"The Parkys"

Darn, no Subs, no Bils, no Hals, no Lavs, no Nelsons, none of the good stuff. :-(

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Are you connecting through a proxy maybe?

(In ie this is configured in tools/connections/settings)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Pete Mutley Moo Cow wrote:-

Not as far as I'm aware other than AOL's usual proxy server. The one thing I didn't clear was cookies.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

If it was me I would look no further for the problem. Disable the proxy and try a refresh. You can enable it again afterwards.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Pete Mutley Moo Cow wrote:-

According to Internet Exploer it already is disabled at my end. I have no control over what AOL does at their end. Thanks anyway.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

An EPB would be a good idea, especially as Hornby can also make blue, blue/grey and NSE versions :)

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin

SUBs were being built up to 1950 weren't they? :-) And the SR EPB isn't a million miles away from the same design.

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin

In message , kim writes

Pat didn't post MREMag on Monday (or Tuesday for that matter)

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , Rich Mackin writes

Yes, but they are not post-nationalisation _designs_.

Reply to
John Sullivan

SUBs go back to the original wooden LSWR units and all the way via Maunsell to Bulleid designs.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

John Sulllivan wrote:-

Doh! I mean't Wednesday of course. Have had flu for over a week so lost track of the days.

(kim)

Reply to
kim