Almost OT: Campsite near Pecorama?

Can anyone recommend a campsite within reasonable distance of Pecorama? Preferably near the Sea and one with a childrens play area would be even better.

Any other railway attractions (real or model) in the area I should visit?

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I lived in Seaton for a few years and Pecorama is well worth a few hours, also the Seaton Tramway is worth a trip on. Also try Bicton Park which is near Newton Poppleford (on the main Seaton to Exeter road), there is a NG railway line around the wooded park (diesel locos made to look like steam though), and some nice kids play areas inside and outside, also a little museum plus tearoom. There's also the Devon Railway centre at Bickleigh, a NG line, more of a circuit really, but interesting all the same.

For accomodation try the local TIC at:

HTH

Reply to
Mike K

Not sure about campsites but there is plenty of railway interest in that area, such as the Seaton Electric Tramway and South Devon Railway.

Adam Warr

Reply to
Adam Warr

Adam Are you in a particular Caravan or camping club??? If you are may be able to find one but do need the filter of either Caravan Club or Caravan and Camping Club

-- Regards From Gray The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield

You don't have to be mad but it helps

Reply to
Graham A Wilson

Actually it was me (Andrew) who was asking. I'm not in either of the clubs but have stayed at C&CC sites without being a member. Not sure if they take bookings from non-members though.

Thanks to others for their suggestions of things to see.

Andrew

Reply to
MBQ

I was asking as there is a website that has Autoroute pushpins for the both clubs worked out by GPS at the front gate no less

or the best way as you aren't in a Club is to contact the local tourist office and ask for a list to be e-mailed to you (they may want a snail mail address as some still don't have the facility to e-mail )