Anyone Built the HUSH HUSH?

Hi again all

Just thinking about buying one of these models to build and am wondering if others out there have done the same. If so, could you please let me know what I must be wary of and what level of skill I must have to do it justice, as I want it to be spectacular when completed.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

There was an article on building in in MRJ, about 2 years ago (I think) mine are in storage at the mo so I can't check issue number until later, Ithink its about 138.

Reply to
estarriol

thanks very much - hopefully someone will be able to confirm so I can get a copy.

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Somebody in my club had one built to order and has one hell of a problem getting it to run on anything other than straight track. The min radius on the club layout is about 5 feet and it struggles on that.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

On 25/10/2005 14:23, mindesign wrote,

I've had a look through my MRJs, and I think the article estarriol was referring to was in MRJ 146, where a very brave Bob Merry took a razor saw to a 7mm scale Martin Finney resin bodyshell to produce the rebuilt W1. A nice model, but perhaps not the article you're looking for.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In message , Paul Boyd writes

The Third MRJ Compendium has an article by Tim Shackleton on building the 4mm South Eastern Finecast kit.

Apart from that there are some articles in Model Railway Constructor from the early Seventies.

Reply to
Zen78481

There's a layout that's shown on the North-East exhibition circuit that has one in OO as a static display (I don't recall having ever seen it run). I can't remember the name of the layout off the top of my head, but it was a freelance steelworks. The Hush Hush was displayed in an area of the layout presumably meant to represent a preservation society (nothing more than an engine shed).

I believe the owner may be a member of the Hackworth Society MRC (Shildon).

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell