Bachman Mk2 - suggestion

With Bachman having made some superb Mk1s, are there any plans to follow this up with Mk2s? Obviously a large number were made and I was never really convinced with the ones that Hornby and Lima made.

James

Reply to
James Steward

"James Steward" wrote

I heard it rumoured *somewhere* that Bachmann will tackle the Mk2 range next.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi

Graham Hubbard confirmed it to us a couple of months ago. No idea which liveries or versions they will tackle first though.

Richard Hattons Model Railways

Richard Davies

My fingers are crossed for blue/grey, Transpennine and NSE :-)

--

***
*** Updated 29 September, now 533 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

Yes, will be interesting to see what ones they do. Blue/Grey has to be a cert. I'd say that Regional Railways would be more likely than the other 2 - especially considering that they would compliment the existing Mk1's. Virgin liveried ones have to be a second favourite - Hornby ones have been very good sellers over the past few years, but Bachmann's lack of Virgin liveried diesels may be an issue here. The main idea is probably to hit Hornby's control of the modern image market - Mk3s this time next year then?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Davies

Virgin liveries ones suggests they would be doing Mk2 D/E/Fs, but what if they do Mk2 / 2As or Mk2 B/Cs? I don't think the older designs ever carried Virgin livery did they?

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

You need to mix'n'match. I used to get the Trans-Pennine regularly from Manchester to Leeds. They started off with the correct livery but it didn't take long to see eg a Network Southeast in the rake. These trains were very modellable - only 4 carriages, with the brake in the middle, pulled by a decent engine. In the blue/grey era you'd get a class 46 until they disappeared, then a class 47. Class 47 in the Trans-Pennine era. But even a class 46 was a lot of pudding for such a short train.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

When MREmag announced plans for Mk2s, it was stated they would start with the original Mk2s first, then work subsequently through the various generations, so the air-conditioned Mk2s (I'm 99% sure Virgin never used anything pre-2d) will be the last ones to arrive. A shame, as I was hoping for FGW-liveried examples. I hope Bachmann do a wider range of coaches than just the SO, FO and BSO - corridor coaches would be welcome, along with the open coaches modified to have buffets, would be welcome.

--

***
*** Updated 03 October, now 547 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

I can remember mixtures of blue/grey, Transpennine and even NSE finding their way into Transpennine rakes, but I can mostly remember 1987/1988 services through Darlington using almost all-TP coaches.

Hmm, now if only Heljan would model Provincial-liveried 47475...

*daydreams*...

--

***
*** Updated 03 October, now 547 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

"Rich Mackin" wrote : I hope Bachmann do a wider range of coaches than just the SO, FO

If the variety (OK, so not every model) on the Mk I are to go by, I think we will be spoilt by choice!

-- Andy Sollis Churnet Valley Model Railway Department (Remove the Standard Tank from E-mail to reply)

Andrew Sollis CVMRD

but Bachmann's lack of Virgin liveried diesels may be an issue here.

Richard

Er, Apart from the Voyager sets, what other diesel do Bachmann make that is operated by Virgin? Or was that the point?

Sadly, I can't draw on a memory of these. I only saw Coal trains and Intercitys at Mansfield & Alfreton Parkway (Now Two separate stations again!)

-- Andy Sollis Churnet Valley Model Railway Department (Remove the Standard Tank from E-mail to reply)

Andrew Sollis CVMRD

Bachmann don't model any Virgin locomotives, so they may be reluctant to do Virgin coaches... But then, they do Intercity Mk1s but no Intercity mainline locomotive yet (the 08 doesn't really count).

--

***