Bachmann Class 37 Loch Rannoch 37408 For Sale

In message , Brian Williams writes

I'm not sure if the verb is cnachu or cnychu. It's not something I can find in any of my dictionaries. :-)

Ac i chwi hefyd.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Shrewsbury Model Centre are advertising this very loco on their website for a mere £47.99

Some other model shops don't seem to have it so I'm not sure how rare it actually is. Next item I sell on eBay will have the words 'rare' and 'hard to find' in the description!

Reply to
EverettPet

Is that what it sold for, or what she claimed it was worth? Strangely, the page is no longer available on eBay.

Reply to
MartinS

Nice one John, I'll steel that sig of you if I may and use it to a few friends :-)

Reply to
Mike in Sussex UK

In message , Mike in Sussex UK writes

Help yourself. I stole it myself anyway.

Reply to
John Sullivan

At the end of the day with a starting price of £1 its not exactly a rip off - the final price will just be what someone is prepared to pay for the model. If they pay more than what it could be bought for elsewhere, then that is their problem!

Reply to
John Ruddy

I think what John said below below sums up ebay, people are prepared to=20 pay what they feel they want to for a model based upon 2 factors:

How much they desire the locomotive

And how available it is,

In the case of 37408 Loch Rannoch, this locomotive is proofing very=20 difficult to get hold of and as a result the if you want to buy one then =

it may be more expensive, kind of like property, depending upon how much =

you desire a house and the competition, its all down to a simple law of=20 economics, supply and demand dictates value..

REGARDS Emma

John Ruddy wrote:

--=20

********************************************************************** This email and any files / attachments transmitted with it are private=20 and confidential intended solely for the use of the individual or entity =

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error=20 please return it to the address it came from advising the sender that=20 the message was received in error, you should not copy, distribute or=20 show the content to anyone and immediately delete the message from your=20 system, Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be unlawful.=20 Any content that is not pertinent to the official business of the=20 organisation is personal to the author.

This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

********************************************************************** Cymraeg

Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i bwriedir=20 ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys gwybodaeth=20 freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad ni ellwch ei=20 gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a dylech gysylltu=20 =E2'r anfonwr ar unwaith. Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud =E2 busnes swyddogol y corff sy'n=20 anfon yr e-bost yn bersonol i'r awdur.

Emma

I noticed that John Sullivan and some other members of the group were=20 discussing the message attached to the bottom of my postings.

As I have a computer provided through work, I have no option on the=20 wording is applied to all messages I send, either private or work=20 related inclusive of news group postings.

Just to settle a few odd comments, I am allowed to use my laptop for=20 personal use, including email and the internet.

And as for the Welsh stuff, sorry I do not speak welsh, this message was =

applied via my IT desk, to keep those who I have to email in Wales=20 happy, I just hope that IT do not decide it should be in all the=20 languages of the European Union next, just imagine the length of the=20 foot note that would apply.

Hope this reply puts an end to comments.

Emma

[...]

In message , Emma writes

Sorry.

All this message does is show that the people responsible for it do not understand the law of contract. Apart from the statements of fact (i.e. the "personal to the author" bit) the message is totally meaningless and its terms are unenforceable. Since I have (obviously) not agreed to it, I can do what I like with anything you might send in my direction, whether accidentally or deliberately. The only way you can get any disclaimer to be effective is to send out a preliminary mail saying "I want to send you a mail but I will only do so if you agree to the following conditions" and get agreement first before sending the mail.

I had a prime example of this some time ago, when I and quite a lot of other people received a message addressed only to the author of the message (with obviously everyone else listed as Bcc) trying to get us to apply for jobs with their organisation. I complained to the person mentioned in the disclaimer at the bottom of the mail, since I was obviously not the intended recipient, and this person (a) did not understand what I was on about even though I spelt it out very clearly, and (b) couldn't care less.

Any organization that puts crap like that at the end of a message shows its ignorance of the law of contract. What other laws are they ignorant of? I would be very wary of doing any sort of business with them. It also shows their lawyers up for their ignorance as well. And by implication, it shows you up.

Reply to
John Sullivan

John, You must have a lot of time on your hands to send such a lengthy=20 message, as I explained the ending is tagged on automatically and I=20 don't have a say on it.

If it causes you annoyance just ignore it.

[...]

Depends what you mean by "time on your hands". I'd just phoned in sick to work (not to do with the footy as I'm bored stiff by a load of poofters kicking a pig's bladder around) and was reading the mail and news before going back to bed.

That wasn't a rant at you in particular, but organizations in general that use those messages.

It is a bit difficult to ignore parts of a message until one has read them to see if they ought to be ignored. Or are you suggesting that everyone should ignore your messages?

Reply to
John Sullivan