Mehano Class 66

I am trying to find out if anyone knows if there is a retailer in the UK =
who stock Mehano as I have been looking at the European web sites which=20
list Mehano and promise a variety of 66's in various liveries in HO.
Like the fact Mehano are selling some with the chips fitted to give=20
audio and other sound effects.
Anyone with knowledge of Mehano stockist please let me know.
Rgds
Emma
--=20
This email and any files / attachments transmitted with it are private=20
and confidential intended solely for the use of the individual or entity =
to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error=20
please return it to the address it came from advising the sender that=20
the message was received in error, you should not copy, distribute or=20
show the content to anyone and immediately delete the message from your=20
system, Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be unlawful.=20
Any content that is not pertinent to the official business of the=20
organisation is personal to the author.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.
Cymraeg
Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i bwriedir=20
ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys gwybodaeth=20
freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad ni ellwch ei=20
gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a dylech gysylltu=20
=E2'r anfonwr ar unwaith.
Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud =E2 busnes swyddogol y corff sy'n=20
anfon yr e-bost yn bersonol i'r awdur.
csp
Emma =20 wrote:-
Howes stock Mehano but not yet the 66 and may never do due to licensing restrictions in the UK.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
So, are there any decent European dealers that can understand English, accept credit cards & stock Mehano?
David C.
Reply to
DC
You could try the following link- though they aren't fluent in English, they are use to dealing with Anglophone customers by fax and E-mail.
)I'm in Paris in a fortnight and could enquire at the trade stands at Expometrique if that would be of help. I haven't seen this 66 in the French model press yet- has it actually been released ? Brian
Reply to
BH Williams
Hi
You could try contacting GREAT BRITAIN - TOP BANANA TOYS LTD. 6, THE DELL, ESSEX GB - CM61HW GREAT DUNMOW Phone. +44/1582 842260; Fax. +44/1582 842580 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@moulsher.freeserve.co.uk
According to the Mehano web site that's the UK agent.
or try
in Belgium or if you want to deal with someone who can almost speak English(!) you could try the USA -
Colin Birch
In message , DC writes
These people (German) stock Mehano and understand English, but I'm not sure about the credit card part.
I trusted them and sent a wodge of Euros for items I bought (not Mehano), and was very impressed by their service, and shipping charges.
Reply to
Graeme Eldred
What licensing restrictions?
Reply to
Ben C
I didn't think it was possible to have a licensing restriction that allowed sale elsewhere in the EU but not here. Of course non EU companies often erroneously think they can do that. This is what the SINGLE market is about; with a few special exceptions (e.g. television broadcasts) you can't subdivide it.
Mark Thornton
Reply to
Mark Thornton
No body has mention this or maybe I missed it but wont the Mehano class 66 be HO scale?
Or am I missing the point?
Paul
Reply to
Paul Stevenson
Snipped
Perhaps the original poster intends to remove the sound chip for use in the forthcoming "silent" Bachmann Class 66 (or even the old Lima version). They could even be one of the small number of British HO adherents.
Dave W.
Reply to
David Westerman
"Mark Thornton" wrote
I'm not even sure of your last point any more, although different technologies might actually prevent broadcasts being received across some national borders.
I reckon about the only thing which the single market doesn't now encompass is taxation rates and duty on the likes of alcohol, tobacco and petroleum products.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
I collect both HO and OO, though in preference OO, just like to have=20 some european 66 on the layout,
[...]
Ben C wrote:-
I believe Bachmann has a license from General Motors to produce the Class 66 for the UK market in which case they can take legal action against any retailer selling imports in competiton with their own product.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
Mark Thornton wrote:-
If you were a (small) retailer and the marketing manager of a huge company sent you a letter threatening possible legal action unless you removed a certain product from sale, would you risk an expensive lawsuit or simply stop selling the product? I know retailers personally who've been in that situation and with one exception they all stopped (or pretended to stop) selling the product.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
John Turner wrote:-
The High Court has ruled that it is illegal to watch licensed football matches or movies from european based satellite channels. They have even ordered confiscation of receiving equipment from UK importers whether it was used for that purpose or not.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
In message , kim writes
I thought the Bachmann model was going to be OO, and Mehano was HO.
Where's the competition?
Reply to
John Sullivan
You're missing the point - read the original post.
MBQ
Reply to
MBQ
John Sullivan wrote:-
If someone were to import a H0 version of Thomas-the-Tank or Hogwart's Express into the UK, don't you think Hornby's legal dept would complain bitterly?
(kim)
Reply to
kim
"kim" wrote
That's why the Bachmann HO-scale version of 'Thomas' remains firmly in the USA, but in that case it is the right to produce 'Thomas' in any scale in the UK for which Hornby have the rights.
I've no idea whether Bachmann actually have rights to model the 66, or indeed in what sacle. They claimed exclusive rights to produce the Virgin 57 but expect to see a Heljan version on the shelves before Christmas.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
John Turner wrote:-
I expect a letter from Bachmann addressed to all major outlets warning them of legal action if they stock the Heljan variant for sale in the UK. In fact it would not surprise me if more money was spent on licensing fees and legal action than in developing new models in the near future.
(kim)
Reply to
kim