Mehano Class 66

Could order from Hatton's!

Reply to
MartinS

"David Costigan" wrote

production.

I've heard of it being on sale in Denmark, but at a much higher price than in the UK.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

They probably just read the adverts like most people. ;)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Smaller in what respect? Judging by the illustrations in the original Awdry books, I can understand it being *shorter* than Hornby's effort, as the latter is just a re-worked LB&SCR E2, and a bit on the long side as a result, especially regarding the wheelbase.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

In article , David E. Belcher writes

B-b-b-b-but Thomas WAS an Billington E2! (At least so it is said in later versions of the tale... it is the drawings that distort proportion. References: "The Thomas the Tank Engine Man" p123, "The Island of Sodor" p126)

Reply to
Chris Brown

Must admit, I was unaware of this, so thanks for pointing out my error

- not often that the model is *more* accurate than pictures of the 'prototype'!

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

Anyone hear the question on this week's "University Challenge" that was something to do with "cardboard faces" and a "London Brighton & South Coast E2 class shunting engine", to which the answer was "Thomas the Tank Engine"!! If it's on UC, then it must be right........

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan