Mehano Class 66

"kim" wrote

We'll wait and see, but it would be interesting to see what Bachmann's response would be if one or two of their largest mail order accounts told them to get *fuffed*.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I thought the liscence from Virgin was just for the use of the TradeMarked Thunderbird names?

Reply to
estarriol

"John Turner"

Bachmann's North American "Thomas" is 4mm scale as is their "Hogwart's Express".

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway (Site now back up and working)

Roger T.

If the import is legal anywhere in the EU then they can't take action. It is simply not possible to restrict a product to the "UK market" or exclude a product targeted at say the "German market".

Restrictions/licences such as this have been invalid for years.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

"Roger T." wrote

That doesn't explain why the Bachmann "Thomas" is significantly smaller than the Hornby effort.

Anyway, how can you have a scale model of a fictional original? Are there any scale drawings of Rev Awdry's original "Thomas"?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Mark Thornton wrote:-

They can shut off the supply of their own products :o)

In theory, not in practice. As far as I know Bachmann own the exclusive rights to UK liveried Class 66's and Class 57's.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

If done ito thwart the single market they can then be prosecuted.

That is slightly different. It does not prevent a UK retailer importing a German liveried class 66 if such an item exists (nor one in US livery). Also Bachmann would be unable to prevent their UK liveried loc from being sold in Germany (or any where else in the EU).

It is true that some companies try to make life difficult for retailers who make use of single market rules, but then every so often these companies get prosecuted. Volkwagen springs to mind as a recent conviction.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

I would forward the letter to the relevant legal authorities and advise the large company that that were committing an offense. The letter would be copied to all board members of that company, to my MP, MEP and every one else in sight. My company has had to take a much larger company to the High Court and won (or rather they caved in at the last moment). Certainly it isn't a pleasant experience.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

I thought that might be what you were referring to.

I have my doubts about this supposed exclusive licence. I expect its a load of guff.

There are already Cl. 66 models available in the UK.

Reply to
Ben C

Would the same apply to anyone selling any remaining Lima 66s?

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

"Rich Mackin" wrote

LOL - are they not a tad fictitious?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Rich Mackin wrote:-

I believe so.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Presumably there are drawings of the LBSCR whatever-it-was? Or even the loco at the Nene Valley.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Salvé kim skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com...

The Swedish government tried to block the Swedish company TV3 , which is based in London from transmitting what in Sweden are illegal adverts, , some of which are aimed exclusively at children and have been illegal here for years, but apparently what TV3 are doing is perfectly ok according to the EU rules, so the UK High Court is obviously acting illegally :) it is no longer national laws which carry any weight it is rather the EU laws which override any and all national laws UNLESS the particular country in question has made an arrangement with the EU on entry into the EU, as has Sweden in certain areas. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Interestingly on the first page of this months Continental Modeller, Kittle Hobby are advertising the Mehano 66 due end of year in DLC, HGK or ERS liveries at 118 UKP. Looks like an easy route if you want one in HO from the UK.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Packman

Interestingly on the first page of this months Continental Modeller, Kittle Hobby are advertising the Mehano 66 due end of year in DLC, HGK or ERS liveries at 118 UKP. Looks like an easy route if you want one in HO from the UK.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Packman

Cheltenham Model Centre have been advertising the Bachmann Hogwarts set in the Railway Modeller for absolutely months now. (complete with pic)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Pete mutley moo cow wrote:-

Which demonstrates how seldom anyone from Hornby ever reads Railway Modeller.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Reply to
David Costigan

It helps. I suspect Heljan are not "restricting" as such, its just they have sold the

47 production to UK importers/distributors (a reasonable action considering its a 4mm scale model of a loco used in the UK), thus a Danish shop (or its wholesaler) would have to get stock from a UK distribution company. By the time its been across the North Sea a couple of times, it will cost considerably more in the Danish shop than it would from a UK shop.

- Nigel

"Mark Thornt>>> Ben C wrote:-

Reply to
NC