platforms

I am after a little advice, does anyone out there know the correct=20 height a OO gauge platform should be ? as I am intending to build a new=20 station over the weekend, and hope to get some lengths of hard board to=20 make the platforms, any advice on making platforms from wood or board=20 would be much appreciated.

Regards Emma

--=20

********************************************************************** This email and any files / attachments transmitted with it are private=20 and confidential intended solely for the use of the individual or entity =

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error=20 please return it to the address it came from advising the sender that=20 the message was received in error, you should not copy, distribute or=20 show the content to anyone and immediately delete the message from your=20 system, Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be unlawful.=20 Any content that is not pertinent to the official business of the=20 organisation is personal to the author.

This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

********************************************************************** Cymraeg

Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i bwriedir=20 ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys gwybodaeth=20 freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad ni ellwch ei=20 gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a dylech gysylltu=20 =E2'r anfonwr ar unwaith. Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud =E2 busnes swyddogol y corff sy'n=20 anfon yr e-bost yn bersonol i'r awdur.

Emma

Half an inch above rail height.

Reply to
MartinS

The height has been as variable as the width; will depend on period and company and relative importance of station.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

There is a set of dimensions around for standard BR platforms

Got one somewhere could find and scan tomorrow

-- Regards Gray

Pictures at

Graham A Wilson

Hi Emma,

Prototype is 3ft nominal, 2ft-9ins minimum, above the rail top. That's 12mm and 11mm respectively in

00 gauge (4mm/ft scale).

Remember that this is from the rail top - you will need to add on the thickness of the track and underlay to find the height above the baseboard.

There is a diagram showing the full prototype structure sizes and clearance dimensions on this site:

regards,

Martin.

---------------------------------- email : snipped-for-privacy@templot.com web :

Martin Wynne

Like I suggested, half an inch would be close enough for most people. I have code 100 track on cork roadbed, and my platforms are 3/4 inch pine with 1/8 inch board on top (~22mm total).

Reply to
MartinS