Heljan Westerns

I am not sure if this has already been posted, but I am pleased to say=20 that I took delivery of a new Heljan Western today, and what an=20 excellent model, nice to see that the loco comes with so many detailing=20 parts.

If your after more information check out the rails of sheffield web=20 site, lots more details and pictures.

Emma

--=20

********************************************************************** This email and any files / attachments transmitted with it are private=20 and confidential intended solely for the use of the individual or entity =

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error=20 please return it to the address it came from advising the sender that=20 the message was received in error, you should not copy, distribute or=20 show the content to anyone and immediately delete the message from your=20 system, Unauthorised use or disclosure of the content may be unlawful.=20 Any content that is not pertinent to the official business of the=20 organisation is personal to the author.

This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

********************************************************************** Cymraeg

Mae'r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i bwriedir=20 ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys gwybodaeth=20 freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad ni ellwch ei=20 gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a dylech gysylltu=20 =E2'r anfonwr ar unwaith. Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud =E2 busnes swyddogol y corff sy'n=20 anfon yr e-bost yn bersonol i'r awdur.

csp

Phil: I bought the Golden Ochre Champion. I suspect that 'uk' style couplings were missing from my model, but I'm not bothered, since I am simply plugging Kadees into the NEM pocket 8-) (no. 20 seems a bit longer than needed though)

Reply to
Phil

Do the Heljan couplers line up at the height of the Kadee gauge?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Gardiner

Phil,

The tension lock couplings should be in one of the bags of accessories rather than loose in the box, as was the case with previous 47s.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Phil: Thanks for that - they are 8-) I'd spotted the rigid coupling bars in the other pack, and assumed that all the couplings should have been in the same bag.

For Jim: yes, either the Kadee 20 or std Bachmann EZ-NEM coupling both align perfectly with my Kadee height gauge. Personally, I suspect a shorter No.19 woild be better than the 20 I have fitted at the moment .. and the 'extra long' 20, which I find is needed on most buffered rolling stock, is the same length as the 'standard' offering from Bachmann!

(I just happened to have 20/EZ in stock, and no 19s to try at present) Although Sharp said at Warley they had received their backorder from KAdee, and posted most of them on/by Friday, mine hasn't arrived yet.

Reply to
Phil