Bachmann Latest

"Kevin" wrote

I've said this here before and I'll repeat it for your benefit. Although certain items appeared in the Hornby 2004 catalogue and are now allegedly pushed back into next year because of the death of their designer. Hornby were never willing to take orders on these items - something they've never done in the past in my long experience.

My guess is that the class 31 and the Grange were never intended for release in 2004 and that's the reason why they wouldn't accept orders. That was the situation right from the start (before Christmas 2003 when the 2004 Trade Order Forms were initially released) long before the tragic health problem with their chief designer became known.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi John, I spoke to Holt about Hornby "not accepting orders." Hornby took his order, but he says it is the first time they have done so with out being able to tell him the retail price of the items, which he said was strange, but he did put an order in.

However, I think it is absolutely ludicrous that the death of one person can so jeopardise a company the size of Hornby.

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

Interestingly enough I've just tried to order Granges and Class 31s and Hornby's sales office have just said they will not accept orders until next year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

When the Ontracks web page listed the new Hornby models for the first time at the beginning of the year a number were noted as "not being prodcued in 2004"

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes