Bachmann NEM pocket Couplers.

Hi all, I received Keith's little packet of couplers. (Thanks Keith :-)

The types I have examples of:

- 9.5mm long with 3mm step up to NEM shank. (fits PO wagons with the NEM pocket on wedge fitting.

- 13mm long with 1.5mm step up to NEM shank) (came on (coach) extending shank mechanisim)

- 11mm long with straight NEM shank. (came in NEM pocket on wedge fitting)

The straight shank coupler fitted to a Bachmann/Liliput European wagon sits at the right height to couple with my Bachmann PO wagon and Tri-ang NZ wagons, which is half of what I wanted to achieve (coupler conversion wagon for testing UK locos with a load) Lowering the Bachmann PO wagon coupler pocket by 3mm doesn't work because the wedge mounting is about 3.5mm deep, so there is insufficient connection. Turning the pocket upside down from it's intended position gains another half mm which almost works.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter