Bachmann's Super-D G2

"Kevin Martin" wrote

One the latter point it was an absolute 'banker' for high sales, with over

700 locos in use on British Rail, and a loco kit (DJH) which outsold the rest of their range.

Now we just need one of the manufacturers to manufacture on of the high volume LMS 0-6-0 freight locos - either (or both of) 3F or 4F, and please don't say that Hornby already produce a 4F - the latter was ok 25 years ago when it was first released by Airfix, but it no longer will hold a candle to any of the more recent model releases.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Indeed, John. We need a modern model, with tooling adaptable to cover all the major variants, and worked so that elements can be used for a 3F as well as a 4F, eg the tender and cab etc. It would sell massively, due to the need to have several on any serious LMS (or S&D) based layout.

John

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Turner" wrote

Don't forget that one of these locos is preserved and currently in working order. That will undoubtedly

a) assist its development and b) help boost its sales.

John.

I suspect that is very much the case. Until it came to us on the CVR for running in and later services in 2005, I had no idea what it looked like or even heard of an LNWR G2a (Super D) or what "Joy" valve gear was or looked like. !

But I look forward to the model coming out, and subject to the results Bachmann turn out (i.e. what appears between the frames under the boiler etc) will dictate if I now add one of these locos to my collection.

I probably will have one anyway like, but again, the preserved item is what will have sold it to me. (there are also other reasons in the fact that this loco was used to scatter the ashes of one of our longstanding volunteers on it's first passenger train, a sad and yet still exciting time)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

It's an odd one that takes the motion off the connecting rod. And not a very good valve gear.

One of the many valve demonstrated on Charlie Dockstader's valve gear simlulator. It's a wonderful set of programs which can be downloaded from

Christopher A.Lee

I saw a gem secondhand one in local shop at £55 - just had to buy it. Started me off looking at other LNWR locos - at least after an attempt at understanding the development chain that ended with the G2.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

So is it just LNWR or are there another group of locos. Its just that there are a lot of crewe look a likes around and you must really have your eye in on them and their contemporaries to single them out with such strong adjectives.

Oh and I think they are beautiful.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

snipped-for-privacy@gppsoftware.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Let no man say that your are not to your opinion no matter how wrong you are. :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson