Bogies

I have a Hornby Dublo well wagon and would like to upgrade the bogies to run on code 100 track Any ideas on how to do this would be welcome

Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath

"Bob Heath" wrote

It should run on Code 100 track - that was the rail used by HD if I remember correctly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I would agree with John; all my old Hornby Dublo locomotives and stock were perfectly happy with Peco Streamline, back in the days when Peco only made Code 100.

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

It should run on code 100 as is, if it doesn't have a careful look to see what is wrong with it. The axles need to be free so the wheelsets spin easily and the bogies need to be free to turn. Does it have metal or plastic wheels? Hornby Dublo with metal wheels will short out on today's 2 rail track and stop your trains running. If this is your problem you need to buy a new set of wheels. Keith

Reply to
Keith

It has metal wheels/axles. I will have to have a rummage through some redundant stock to see if I have some suitable replacements Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath