Bored, bored, bored

Graham Thurlwell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com:

I live in the SE (not through choice - at least not anymore) mate, can't get there.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

One man businesses often aren't up to date with their correspondences. Could be he has a show to attend, a cold, family events, or he's just busy with his casting machine. The more business they get, the busier they are!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

"Greg.Procter" wrote in news:op.u1ebo5let7a1n0@promodel-5a9821:

I've actually sent a follow-up to that - if it hasn't made the servers (posting from Virgin!) here it is again ...

I take it all back, he's just sent me a couple of very pleasant emails answering all my questions - he'd been away for a fortnight. Cheaque in the post!

Having said that, since posting that I've just found out my dear !!! wife has spent £2,000 without telling me.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

This is clearly a signal that you should up your order to £2000 without telling your wife ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

Very true. I was speaking to Chris Marchant (CJM Models) the other day and he was telling me that he is inundated with work and new orders at the moment. He is aiming to have a model I commissioned last month completed by mid-December.

Also some people who run one man businesses do it in their spare time as an extension of their hobby and have other jobs and commitments.

Reply to
Kevin Lee

Presume kit market gets a boost when theres not so many new RTR items released. Only RTR I 'needed' this year was the railroad 9F so all major purchases have been loco kits.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Tim Illingworth wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Erm, we didn't have £2,000 to spend in the first place, hence the sulk.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Bet if you were rash enough to make a comment she could detail several purchases you made under the same circumstances since she assumed ownership of finances (some unspecified date before wedding). :-) Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Oh well, thought it worth mentioning just in case. I understand your situation - furtherst South we've exhibited is Boro, furthest North is Blyth (IIRC).

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Depends on what the RTR models are. There are still a lot of things that the main manufacturers just don't do, especially pre-grouping stuff. A lot of kit manufacturers concentrate on particular companies so Hornby bringing out a load of new Southern stuff, for example, is unlikely to have an impact on Dave Alexander's alleged plans to bring out an LNER N8 and an LNER J77 (0-6-0T rebuild of G6/BTP 0-4-4T).

I'm still quite surprised that Bachmann are doing an O4/ROD. Anyone know if many got up Teeside?

At the moment, fluctuating material prices (particularly metals) and the recession seem to be most likely to impact your average kit manufacturer.

You can never have too many kits. :-) Last RTR engine we got was yet another Bachmann J72 as we really were that desperate for shunters. Must persuade Dad to get that Mainly Trains chassis finished before Crook...

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell