Carama question

On all the models I have there is a very small screw securing the vehicle to the base.

Len

Reply to
Len Smith

And I think it is Cararama ???

Andy

Mike Smith wrote:

On all the models I have there is a very small screw securing the vehicle to the base.

Len

Reply to
Andy Sollis

:-) Mike, I get it ALL the time at work ! Thank god for the Spul Chicker.... And to all the others about to flame me, I know it wouldn't know Cararama !

You will need a very fine one, and they are often very tight. I have seen some on a black circular base that comes off with a quarter turn, but think the screw has become the norm to stop the cars rattling around inside the boxes...

Andy

"Mike Smith" wrote >

Oops yes it is - Will take a close look for the screw -

Cheers chaps

Mike

Reply to
Andy Sollis

Have pourchased some Carama models (they are selling landrovers and Transit vans at Poundland for a pound a go) - Problem is I cannot see how to detach the car from mthe plastic base - First go (pulling) damaged the base of the vehicle - Is there a trick to this. twist and pull or something? If there is I cannot find it.

TIA

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Oops yes it is - Will take a close look for the screw -

Cheers chaps

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Hi What gauge are these?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Heath

"Bob Heath" wrote

Hi What gauge are these?

Bob

Don't you mean what scale ? The only two cars I have seen that are to "Gauge" are the ones in James Bond - Octopusy and the Delorean in Back to the Future 3 ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis

Small screw underneath base.

Scale 1:72 (4mm scale is 1:76). I can thoroughly recommend these at the price. Carlisle had landys and mini travellers last time I looked about two weeks ago.

All the best,

Iain

Worth a visit: 'Free Our Data Campaign'

Reply to
Iain Wilkie Logan

That's what left our missile defences on the East Coast unattended for 15 minutes in 1955.

Reply to
Brian Watson

Obviously not married if they can think of something to chat about for 14 minutes Simon

Reply to
simon

Most Carama stuff is available from modern structures in miniature, for one ( usual disclaimers)

airsmoothed