Clear plastic for windows? Thin wood?

Agree with that, taken me 7 years to reach the stage where know good set of shops - including online/mail order - so now can obtain pretty much anything model rail related knowing it will be in proper condition and at a reasonable price.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Please tell us the addresses and the websites

Reply to
Bill B

Not easy with some of them cos have to find contact details when required. Heres a few, except for the first one they are not in order of preference.....

John Turner

(see model mags for advert) Mainly Trains
Railway Bookshops (for new books - got his address and phone number somewhere) Nick Tozer
(for 2nd hand books) Rural Railways for various kit stuff (got an email address somewhere) Len Smith
at Church Gresley. Mercian Models
Plus one of the best :- Really nice bloke that used to have the table - with vast selection of secondhand stuff - usually at the right hand end of the 3rd row in hall at Donington. However they wont be having any more fairs there for a year or more as theyre knocking down the exhibition hall and putting up a new stand. Hall may be rebuilt .... He does do other fairs such as NEC though.

Although their prices can be the lowest, none are selected on price as the primary criteria. Service comes first. omission from the list does not imply anything and I have no connection, take no responsibility .....etc etc If you want any more info then let me know. Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Reply to
Bill B

Found phone number for Derby Railway bookshop - its 01332 384248.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

For clear plastic try .....CD & DVD cases .....Cassette boxes- remember those , plenty spare at charity shops for pennies. Also gives a backup supply of black plastic, and occasionally other colours.

3.5inch discs also give some very thin and useful black plastic bits...
Reply to
turbo