Copping some FLAC

Some download sites are actively promoting 24 bit studio quality FLAC downl oads, and I keep seeing online ads for a compact 24 bit DAC.
Is anyone regularly listening to these studio quality files? If I install a 24 bit media player (a free one is available) and a 24 bit DAC can I still use my faithful Denon stereo receiver? Is it worth the effort?
Reverting to 16 bit files, I've noticed on 2 websites - LSO Live and Naxos - that very often no mention is made of their availability, but when you go to the download sites (in these cases Hyperion and Presto Classical ) you can find them there. Presumably there's some agreement between the recordin g company and the download sites that allows the latter to create FLAC file s where the former hasn't done so? The moral of this story seems to be that if you can't find a FLAC version on the Naxos site, don't assume that no F LAC files are available at all - go to the download sites and check there.
Andrew Clarke Canberra
On Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:47:49 AM UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Sorry - wrong group!
Andrew Clarke Canberra