DAPOL "tuning"

From a trip to England, I brought with me a Dapol Voyager.

It behaves a little bit "erratic", to say the least.

Could anyone on this group suggest a website or forum where I might find information, inspiration on "tuning" this set, mechanically and electrically ?

Thanks, Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

You could start here by telling us what you mean by erratic - stop/start, wobbly ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Most complaints have (my judgment) to see with the behaviour of the boogies.

On the front carriages they have a preferred headding direction, easy to eg. the right, difficult to the left. Upto jumping out of a left switch , I'm now considering adding weight.

The motor car tends to loose pulling power, again I fear linked to the limited "freedom" of the boogies to swivel (?). I was also considering adding weiught but the carriage is nearly filled.

Regards, Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

Theo van Riet wrote: [...]

I'd take the bogies off, and check to see that none of the stuff mounted on the chassis interferes with the bogie frames or wheels. Then carefully dress the mounting surfaces etc so that the bogies swivel easily and equally in either direction. Bogiemounted couplers sometimes hang up on the end beams, too.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Would also check the back 2 backs and that things are central and no much on wheels.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

The prefered turning direction may be something as simple as a motor feed wire pulling tight one way and loose the other. The body might have some part which traps a wire against the chassis - a situation where one needs to get inside with the body installed to spot it ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

One other thing as it seems loco plus coaches have the problem concerns how clean and level the track is. Does any other loco/coach set run through ok ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon