DC Kits gone?

Hi,

Have DC Kits disappeared? Their web site doesn't work for me,

times out. Is it me or is it them?

Thanks David

Reply to
DJO

Just because a website doesn't work it doesn't mean a Co has gone bust.

Get real M8 :-))

Reply to
David Smith

No it's not just you. I've just received my Class 128 kit and have been trying to email Charlie about a missing piece, but my email program keep saying "domain does not exist".

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Probably forgot to renew his fee for the domain name or something like that. Having said that, quite often whe na company does go bust they strip the site away quite quickly. Look at the "Railway Monthly" DVD site, they went under and the site disappeared.

Although I find it very hard to believe DC has gone, like you say above, lack of website doesn't mean very much on its own!

David

Reply to
DJO

Chas at DC was very much live and kicking last week.

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

When did you order the 128? I placed an order for a DBSO conversion kit from their site some 3 months ago and I'm yet to receive anything...

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

Have you given them a ring? Phone no. is 0113 256 3415 - hope this is of help.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

Hi all.

Site came up almost instantly at lunchtime on the 28th, and that's without broadband. The site was updated last week I think.

Tony Comber

Reply to
TonyComber

The domain is registered until 4th Dec 2005, so no probs there, but as the site is fine now it seems a bit irrelevant! Probably Fasthosts had a glitch!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Yep, working fine today though it wasn't yesterday.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I ordered several of these a few weeks ago, as I hadn't heard anything I rung and was told they were awaiting stock which should be in this week.

James

Reply to
James S

I ordered it a few days ago. I presume he has it in stock because a) It's only just been released b) It's actually made by DC and not by a third party. I think DBSO kit you're talking about is made by Hurst Models.

Fred

Reply to
Fred X

No I haven't, but as the site is back up it should be okay now. Thanks.

Fred

Reply to
Fred X

Received mine today!

James

Reply to
James S

You - so presumably you've "gone"

Reply to
David Skipsey

Mine came while I was away over the weekend :o)

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Except I ordered a ScotRail DBSO conversion kit and got sent the Anglia version instead! :-S

--

***