DCC and the geriatric modeller.

In article , Jerry writes

Ah, that must be electrofrog then...

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

: >

: >: I took your advise regarding DCCUK and found that : >: the frog shorting is a common problem which produces : >: problems in both controllers : >

: >I guess that must a common problem on garden railways, frogs : >sitting on the track and causing a short circuit... : >

: >

: Ah, that must be electrofrog then... :

Only if they are cute though, an electro-cute(ed)-frog! :~P

Reply to
Jerry

One of the standard biology experiments at school was to apply an electric current from a battery to a dead frog's leg to make the muscle contract.

Reply to
MartinS

ISTR that an Italian scientist called Galvani first did this a few centuries ago, one of the first demonstrations of electricity.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Thought any european would do

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Of course, theres single pole, double pole and tad pole.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I don't believe that you chaps are getting the point!

Peter A

Reply to
Sailor

: > "David Littlewood" wrote in message : > news:$sUJMfBQH$ snipped-for-privacy@dlittlewood.co.uk... : > : In article , Jerry : > : writes : > : >

: > : >

: > : >: I took your advise regarding DCCUK and found that : > : >: the frog shorting is a common problem which produces : > : >: problems in both controllers : > : >

: > : >I guess that must a common problem on garden railways, frogs : > : >sitting on the track and causing a short circuit... : > : >

: > : >

: > : Ah, that must be electrofrog then... : > : : >

: > Only if they are cute though, an electro-cute(ed)-frog! :~P : >

: Of course, theres single pole, double pole and tad pole. :

At least these frogs are never phased.

Reply to
Jerry

Is this about live vs dead frogs?

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Single poles obviously come from Poland. Double poles presumably would be twins? Tad poles come from close coupled Poles???

Reply to
Greg.Procter

The experiment is usually done with dead frogs, otherwise you tend to get false positive results.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Is Nicolas Sarkozy[1] another celebrity railway modeller?

MBQ

[1] a short frog
Reply to
manatbandq

The experiment is usually done with dead frogs, otherwise you tend to get false positive results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- And annoy the frog.

Reply to
LDosser

Is Nicolas Sarkozy[1] another celebrity railway modeller?

MBQ

[1] a short frog

Cant see him retreating to his shed to get away from his misses

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Charles De Gaulle is a dead frog, but not a short one.

Vladimir Putin is a short St. Petersburger.

Present and recent leaders of UK, USA and Canada have all been 6 feet or over - Brown, Blair, Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Harper, Chrétien.

How many misses does he have? What about his missus?

Reply to
MartinS

Those false positive results can play havoc with one's social life!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Greatest benefit of taking up model railways is got an excuse to avoid a social life :-) Made some very nice friends though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

And it certainly has those, but they're very good for generating repeat sales for more complex (rarely Hornby) systems when the limitations & issues are appreciated.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Wonder how many people have had the same problem when bought the dynamis then realised how theyd get stung to bring that up to a decent complex system ? At least the select was marketed as cheap and cheerful - I like it as a cheap extra handset.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

In article , simon writes

So what is generally recommended as the best system or systems?

David

Reply to
David Littlewood