DCC/shuttle

Hi everyone, Is there a shuttle/station stop unit I can buy to work on my DCC layout? Other options? I want to run a shuttle railcar service from my terminus to
a branch station, stop for a while, then return. Thanks, scoot

You can do this automatically with a Lenz gold decoder, using track sections with one feed wire fed through diodes to create "asymmetric DCC". You can program the stopping period at the ends and you can even have intermediate stops.
MBQ

Also works with the silver decoder,so you can save a few pounds.
neil.

does this mean I have to change the decoder in the railcar? Is there somewhere that can explain how I do this in detail please? scoot
I have Hornby Sapphire chips that work on assymetric signals and i want to set up a branch line for shuttle working. What do i need and how do i wire it up using DCC ?
Thanks
url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/135111655.aspx

The shuttle feature is a feature of the Lenz decoders.
Just because a decoder supports Assymetric DCC, it doesn't mean it can provide a shuttle function.
You need to read the manual for the decoder and figure put what it can do.
DCC was never designed for this sort of automation, without the use of a computer. Various people have come up with add on kludges to provide varying levels of "automation" such as Lenz ABC and the "bitswitch" range.
MBQ
On 14/01/2011 9:19 AM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Actually, for automated back and forth running, DCC isn't needed. A couple of stopping sections and a timer circuit tied into a latching relay (reversing switch) is enough.
HTH Wolf K.

Well, of course.
I'm assuming (quite reasonably, I think) that the layout in question is already DCC...
MBQ
On 14/01/2011 10:03 AM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
[snip]Actually, for automated back and forth running, DCC isn't needed. A

I figured that. But IMO a shuttle branchline would be an add-on, and therefore wouldn't have to be DCC. Unnecessary kluge, in fact. ;-)
Until a reliable plug'n'play shuttle module is made for DCC, that is. I'm not holding my breath on that one. Might turn bright blue.
Wolf K.

About the same time as theres a model of a lady sliding down the track holding a board (a la boxing ring), the board carrying the DCC address of the loco in the hidden siding :-)
Cheers, Simon