DMU Question

I would like to get a British Rail DMU class 110. I would like a Bachmann but I don't thing they do one. What is your opinion of the Hornby version, and can you changed to dcc. Thanks Paul

Reply to
ee

I can't answer the DCC question, though the model is pretty old with a ringfield motor so I guess a fair bit of rewirign would be needed.

Looks wise, the model can't be faulted. It is flush glazed and can certainly hold its own against more recent offerings.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Warr

"ee" wrote

The bodyside profile isn't quite right, but it's still a fairly creditable model.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I had one years ago when it first came out, and it's lovely. Very much looks the part, and it ran quite nicely too. I guess you could probably re-motor it for better DCC performance, although it was fully Zero 1 compatible - the module fitted in the chassis well.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Osborne

I've just recalled the only flaw I found slightly annoying - the interior seat moulding for the trailer is the same as the one used for the driving motor composite, so it incorrectly has first class seating at one end. This is only visible if you look closely, but can be easily sorted - get a spare vehicle if you can (loads on the secondhand market) and do a standard seating transplant. I think the error is more visible on the green-liveried model, with the beige interior moulding. It was harder to see on the blue moulding of the blue/blue-grey/white-blue versions.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Osborne