Re: Trainwest

Last years exhibition was very good and there's a whole bunch of people from the demodellers Yahoo list who will be exhibiting their layouts so I would expect this years standards to be just as high.

I was going to go today, but went to this instead..

heh :)

If all goes well I'll be there tomorrow. so if you go, remember the face from looking at one of the pics in the above collection, and make sure you say hi.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Stu

Well worth it if just for the splendid US outline HO layout just inside the entrance. Spent over an hour watching operations on this layout alone on Friday. Although even this had some glaring anachronisms including an LNE Alco switching 2 bay open hoppers on a layout set in the 1990s. The boxcars with the incorrect diagonal panels on their roofs were also easily spotted.

Usual trade stands selling mainly Bachmann and secondhand but more diesel layouts than usually seen at your average exhibition.

Four hours each way for me on Friday but well worth the effort.

Nearly forgot the superb P87 layout with Standard, Metre and 750 mm gauge track.......................and it ran faultlessly

One minor criticism........................no US S scale!!

Mark

Reply to
mark

Nice site... love the B/W work... dunno what it is but it always adds a certain sunnik...

(small point: I think

is Ipswich rather than Colchester)

Reply to
UncleWobbly

I agree the picture is Ipswich.

- Nigel

Reply to
NC

Not sure about the one just inside the entrance (although I did like the cut-up-for-scrap Thomas load!), but Rock Springs was excellent. Unfortunately, my personal interests don't really include US or diesel stuff, so not a lot for me at the show. No criticism of the layouts - just not my scene. Anyway, I still enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the Thornbury show in a couple of weeks.

Zob is always worth a look. Brian Harrap's work is very good, and for someone interested in trackwork, it's a fascinating layout.

Paul Boyd

Paul Boyd

Okay, thanks both, I have corrected the caption :)

Pete

Reply to
mutley