exactoscale track?

Has anyone out there got any experience of the Exactoscale track system? I'm toying with taking the plunge into P4 (From EM) and I'm not 100% sure of my abilities when it comes to building turnouts to such fine tolerances. Mike H

Reply to
jimedvic

Do you prefer soldering or plastic and glue. For 'Exactotrack' you need to solder, the Newtrack system you don't apart from the wiring. If you can build track OK in EM you will not find P4 much different. Starting now you have the choice of traditional ply and rivet (Brook Smith) track from the EMGS or S4 Society, the C&L offerings or the Exactoscale products. The latter are definately the deluxe versions. Exactotrack needs some practice dealing with the etchings and a reasonable ability to file crossings and vees to shape and solder it up. But I've seen previously indifferent track builders make a good job of it, see for one example. Newtrack comes with pre-assembled crossings and switches and all rails cut to length, goes together like a good plastic kit and looks superb.

Try one and see. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I'd also add.... There is the Wells show this coming weekend. Which has within its halls, ScaleFour SouthWest. I'd expect that many of the track systems will be on display, and you could discuss the pros and cons of each system. Its got to be worth the trip if you're thinking of changing (or go to ScaleForum in September).

I agree with Keith, its a matter of trying the system and see what suits. If you've a mind towards precision construction, I think Scalefour has become very much simpler in the last few years, with "Newtrack" almost putting it in the realm of a quick Airfix kit.

Then, having looked at Scalefour, come over to the 2mm exhibits (another theme at Wells this year), and see what a huge model in a landscape you could build if you'd only drop down a scale. :-)

- Nigel

Reply to
NC