FA: Hornby Service Sheets

Hi all,

I've a number of Hornby service sheets up for auction on ebay. If you are interested the item numbers are 5935325796 class 91 loco, 5935326309 class

90 loco, 5935326970 class 142 Pacer railbus and 5935327658 0-6-0 chassis. Do take a look if you are interested.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

Phil: Why? since they are freely downloadable off the Hornby site as PDF files?

Reply to
Phil

Phil, Why not? The current production is freely available from their website, true enough, these are from earlier production for which people might be looking for parts. They also give setting up instructions in some cases. Also if you were collecting a set you might be interested and they give revision and issue dates.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

Before anyone feels the need to be parted from their money, they can be downloaded for free from the Hornby website.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Paul,

these ones can't. :-)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

Where are you getting all this stuff? This is the 7th such message in 2 1/2 months. If the stuff was that good you wouldn't need to try & auction it thro' Ebay.

Reply to
Puzzled

Puzzled wrote:-

Come again? I've auctioned stuff at up to five times the original list price on eBay. It's not all junk.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yo

These can all be bought new from

for 10p (yes, ten pence, not 99p, 1/10th of a quid only) :o)

HTH (anyone actually needing these service sheets) All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

Thanks

Reply to
Rob

Which is fair enough bearing in mind these are photo copies and the ones on ebay are originals. Photocopies are usually OK if you are repairing locos though not always very clear. These sheets are aimed at the person who would like an original copy of a service sheet.

Paul, ebay id pdsteveo

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

"Paul Stevenson" wrote

What else do you use them for?

Unless you're planning to frame them, surely no-one actually *needs* an original, do they?? The collector market hasn't got that anally retentive yet, surely :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Yo

They are? I didn't see any indication of them being 'photocopies' on that site. How do you know ... and how can you tell? Unless they're really poor quality or printed on one side per sheet only it'd be hard to tell otherwise.

Still, as long as you can clearly see what goes where, which way up, and the part number, eh!?!? :o)

All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

"Paul Boyd" wrote

yet, surely :-)

Yet? It's been like that for donkey's years! :-/

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yo to you to,

No, had another look and you are right it doesn't say they are photo copies but as the orginals as sent out by Hornby are printed black bordered in red I doubt 10p would cover colour photocopying. Printing out pdf files from the net is not hard. :-)

Indeed! Especally for older out of production locos.

What I did see on their interesting site was that the Service Sheets they were offering were from number 200 upwards, I suppose this represents current and recent production. The ones on ebay are 147 downwards, useful if you want parts for an older loco.

Paul

ebay id pdsteveo purveyor of Hornby Service sheets to the "interested".

Reply to
Paul Stevenson