FA (UK Only) IME 8mm watchmakers' lathe in excellent condition

Hi Chaps,

Owing to not having used it, and needing the money for other things, I'm auctioning my IME 8mm watchmakers lathe on eBay. The item number is 250059925319 if you're interested and I've attached the auction blurb below. The starting price is =A31 and there's no reserve so you could pick up a bargain. Bid early, bid often - you know it makes sense. Or something. I don't actually know much about this lathe so if anyone here spots any errors in the description I'd be grateful for a heads up.

Cheers,

Mike

You are bidding for an IME 8mm Watchmakers lathe, in original box in absolutely superb condition. It comes complete with 16 collets, tailstock, retracting (lifting) hand rest and a leather drive belt. (Note Motor not supplied). There is an excellent description of this lathe at

if you are interested.

I bought this lathe a weak moment and was told it had never been used. It certainly looks to be in excellent condition, though the box is a little battered. I have not used it either, hence this auction ! I do not know if the collets are original equipment or a later addition but there are 16 of them in a variety of sizes. Notice also the headstock dividing attachment which permits gears etc to be held in a collet for cutting with an externally driven cutter (not supplied) The photos give a better description than I am able to but I will be glad to answer any questions you may have if I possibly can. If you require more detailed photos of any aspect then please ask and I'll try to put some up on a website somewhere.

No reserve, and low =A31 initial bid so pick up an absolute bargain !

Postage will be =A318.40 by special delivery, or can collect from Brighton, East Sussex. Note I am not willing to ship this outside of mainland UK and I do not accept Paypal so it has to be cheques, postal orders or cash in payment

Reply to
Mike