Finescale track

"Martin Wynne" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You're taking this to much to heart.

So, most folks don't know that yahoo groups exist and of those that do not all that man care to wade through upteen messages to dig out a bit of info that may or may not be useful when they find it. A few lines on your website as suggested would save all this faffing about. Baring in mind that you are trying to sell a product, folks don't have to buy.

If you react like this everytime some in good faith makes a polite sugestion then I'm not surprised that your user base is in the hundreds ... as opposed to the thousands it could be.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

The motorway running 500 miles across Southern Ontario is "the four-oh-one".

Reply to
MartinS

Hi Chris,

All the paranoid faffing about as you call it came from you.

I offered you a link to an experimental video clip. You could either

a) ignore it, or b) try it.

If b, you could either c) report your findings, or d) say nothing.

Instead you chose to cause doubt and confusion in other people's minds about the integrity of this clip, from a position of knowing nothing about it.

As I explained, these clips are not yet on the web site. When they are, there will be a full explanation about them and helpful advice on how to use them.

Furthermore, the clips intended to explain Templot to intending users such as yourself will not be using this format -- they will be web-based, probably Flash. These executable video clips are intended as tutorials for existing Templot users, and the player will be delivered as part of the Templot installation.

If you had joined the Templot email group you would know that I welcome suggestions and comments about Templot, and do my best to help users. If you believe implying to the world that my software might contain malicious code is a polite suggestion, it's a mercy that you didn't make an impolite one.

regards,

Martin.

---------------------------------- email : snipped-for-privacy@templot.com web :

Martin Wynne

Jane,

I was looking at the keypad on my mobile :-) And I have also seen some form of return to letter dialling where some companies have their phone number equivalent to some phrase using letters.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Hi Jim

In fact if you read the 3 part history as you suggested, you might notice that the first part 1920-39 refers to Gauge 0 & 00. Whereas parts

2 1940-45 & 3 1945-75 refer to Gauge O & Gauge OO. Indeed HO also features. Now if they have never been able to get a name right, it is not surprising that only recently has a standard been determined for OO Gauge, even then there are "Commercial Standards" & "Finescale Standards"

;-)

Now all three parts have been written by the same author, with part 1 consistantly referring to 0 & 00 and parts 2 & 3 consistantly written as O & OO.

Perhaps the original code was indeed 00 as next in the series of 3, 2,

1 & 0 etc. but I don't beleive it to be so today.

Something went wrong & the system now runs 3, 3, 1, 0 (Zero) & OO (2 letter O's)

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Don't assume that there was always a universal standard on keypads (there is now but there have been several variations). The old rotary dials were different too.

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Kevin,

I wouldn't hold my breathe on that. There have been the BRMSB 00 standards since post WW2 and no one ever kept to them, even when they said they were :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Jim Guthrie said the following on 26/01/2006 06:03:

The Americans are very fond of the latter - phone numbers like

1-800-MODELRAIL abound!
Reply to
Paul Boyd

That says far more about your (lack) of intelligence than anything others have said, I only hope that you need for the above software is greater than just trying to sell Templot!...

Sorry but IMO you are just to far up your own to be trusted, you expect us to trust you (both in what you say your software will do, and that your attempts to show us what you think we want to know) but you refuse to trust potential customers - 'nough said... :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Absolutely! All of my life the spoken word used O when referring to a numeral . Just think of the millions of military gentlemen who were obliged to porte a 3 Oh 3 rifle during the whole of the 20 th century.

The same thing applied to locomotive numbers ( both as an youthful enthusiast and during a brief railway career). my military and Marine lives were full of Oh's - Ah, you cry, but so what? Peter A Montarlot

Reply to
peter abraham

either

He knows enough to know that a .exe suffixed file could do irreparable harm to his computer / network, what more does he need to know?

They will be meaningless, people, want to know what THEY can do, not what someone in a very controlled environment can do, such as the software writer, who knows every corner of the program...

Many people don't use Flash, and what about the *required* accessibility aspect of web sites?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Please don't start pissing in the wind again, Jerry.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I suggest you find a clue before attempting to troll.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The George Galloway of uk.rec.models.rail :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

It's not a troll, Jerry, just a plea not to reopen that particular debate that was done to death here some time ago. Anyone capable of using Templot and building their own finescale track will be able to access Martin's website.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Does that mean we have to vote on who we want to evict? ;)

Reply to
John Ruddy

As I said, go and find a clue before trolling, web sites have to be accessible - it's got nothing to do what so ever to do with his software.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Just, "Martin Wynne", could be described as that (I'm right and everyone else is wrong)...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So give me a clue if you think I'm so lacking.

Who says web sites *have* to be accessible? Give me a reference to the relevant legislation, or whatever.

How do you classify a website under the terms of the Disability Discrimination Act which seems to be the relevant law in the UK?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Not an intranet site, especially one selling a 'service'.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::