Fixed Cartazzzzzzzi (well something like that) truck

Its arrived - City of Leicester - and its a beaut.

Was prepared to try and replace the truck cos obviously would be wrong swinging wildly off the track as people were saying. However gave it a quick run round the s bends and all. Wouldnt have noticed anything if didnt know and not sure did notice anything strange about it. So its staying.

Any different opinions ?

Cheers, Simon

ps do try to read the the question, then try and answer the one given rather than one you prefer. Plus could we slow down on questioning the question. Theres been quite a lot of thread wander at a very early stage of late.

Reply to
simon

Well, having assumed the Dr Who position behind the settee I will now ask _ ___ Have you got a new loco which has a fixed pony truck which you cannot notice?

Yes = Shame on you. No = What?

Regards

Peter A

Reply to
Sailor

Yep, shame it is then. under normal viewing conditions - even looking for it to be wrong - it looks great to me.

We missed the second series cos his nibs a bit young, but now watching on DVD cos I like Billie Piper. Theres nothing to be afraid of, this Dr Who is far too powerful. Gets into a mess, disaster about to strike then he waves some gadget and the enemy is defeated.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

This is the daily story of solder iron vs waste bin!

Glad that you are pleased.

Regards

Peter A

Reply to
Sailor

Is it "fixed" or has the it actually designed to work something like the real thing, IOW is there sideward axle movement within the 'axle boxes'?

PS. sorry for questioning the question...

Reply to
Jerry

asking for clarification is still welcome :-)

Truck is fixed but wheels/axle have side movement.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

So it's working somewhat like the real thing then, fixed frame with the axle being able to move within the Cartazzi truck (axle boxes), this explains why all seems to be sweet - although a still wouldn't like to try it around the radii typically found in a 1970s Tri-ang-Hornby train set!

Reply to
Jerry

Yep, it runs a treat. Suspect a most of bad press comments (on internet not mags) comes from knowing wheels flangeless rather than observing its running with tender attatched.

Plus of course a duchess in LNWR liverey looks almost as good as in LMS.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon