Going to Ruddington this weekend Simon ?

http://217.158.157.207/railways/GCRN/Special_Events.htm

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Wasnt, but will be now have seen that - Tot will do as he's told :-)

Thanks for info

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

" Tot will do as he's told :-) "

What about the wife ?

We like it cus they also have a collection of other transport stuff.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

She accepts its 'us' only hobby, did let her join us once so could see theres nothing dodgy going on !

Only been there once before but did have a good time, plus tis very close. Will you be going - I'll have a carnation in left buttonhole and be ready with secret handshake :-)

Reply to
simon

Nice group of people. Hope to go on Sunday if the rain holds off for half a day. Me and im will be wearing our Bachmann polo shirts ( under heavy rain coats ).

You promised NOT to mention the secret handshake

Reply to
Dragon Heart

We'll be there Sunday PM. I'm a slave to fashion, shorts and blue waterproof (erm ...no socks) and black shoulder bag - sort of rucksack to clear the way.

Sorry, thought it better than the secret dance (one with significant winking).

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Did you go ? We had wonderful time, Mickelover people with foreign layout let the tot have a good go at controlling their layout :-)

Bought a Hornby missile launcher, just couldnt resist it. In excellent condition, hasnt reached the layout yet but missile launch has been tested - now do I want to wieght the nose of missile with some lead ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

We went Saturday,' taxi driver's' idea !

We got some of the latest 1:76 police vehicles for his nibs. We also got an old Triang low loader with two helcopters stuck to it, bit of a DIY job but again his nibs was happy.

One of the layouts had a number of Bachmann sound loco's and the young lady operator let him play the sounds :-).

Missed the Hornby missile launcher but did not see all 'shops' Malc's was on the loco itself so did not get a chance to see him. I was after a Kelloggs Cornflakes waggon for him and most were very helpfull in searching, we missed one by about half an hour.

Got back to the gate for lunch when it started to tip it down ( unerstand Sunday was better day ) so the plan to got back after lucnch was hit on the head. Pleased you both enjoyed it.

Can I borrow the missile launcher ? I could fill the warhead with depleted uranium and fire it at the next doors dog the next time he drops his load in our front garden :-))))))))))

Chris

PS Going to Worksworth in Mid October ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart