Guage

We've had problems with McAfee too - it's now banished along with Norton. AVG seems to be doing a good job - no effects on boot or shutdown times, and it's free! Call me a cynic, but being free means certain potential commercial pressures are removed.....

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"beamendsltd" wrote

I've used McAfee for nigh on eight years and never had ANY problems, no viruses, trojans etc.. Got to say I wouldn't switch away.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I had too many problems with a free trial of Kaspersky. Automatic updates more than once turned on features I had never activated, like parental checking. I also wasted a day trying to track down a false positive. They seem to put the updates out before proper testing.

I run free AVG as a diagnostic tool if I have problems.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

And what many forget is that it's just as easy (or hard) to measure

18.83 as it is to measure 18.20 or 19.00 or any other guage you care to specify to 2dp.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I switched from Norton to McAfee this year as Norton annoyed me. Had no real problems with either. Company I work for users Trend - great one that. Instructions to users - if you get a virus, remove your PC from network and contact support. So it doesnt actually remove them then.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"btdna.exe" is just the download engine of µTorrent minus the GUI. Since I always "save as" and then open with the BT client of my choice it doesn't affect me.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Arghh, no, it's GAGE, it's on the NMRA site, it must be right.

Gooage