Half barrier level crossings

It seems that the Peco 4mm/ft half-barrier level crossing kit is no
longer available. Does anyone else make one? I don't particularly want
to spend a fortune on a Hornby crossing set to chuck most of it away.
Various foreign ones seem to look, well, foreign. I'm sure there must
be some company producing all the different types of British crossing
barrier, if only I knew who they were!
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
Think the foreign type drop the barrier on the wrong side of the road so you would need to do a bit of fettling
Mike
Reply to
Mike
Bother - guess where I was back at last weekend!
Anyway, today I managed to track down a set at a vaguely local(ish) model shop I happened to be passing - for the usual reasons I'd rather my 2.90 went to a real model shop (such as yours, of course!), rather than a mail-order outfit, IYSWIM.
The shop was packed, which has to be a good thing. If only there weren't so many 0s on the price tags of some of the European models...
I'm surprised that there isn't a small company somewhere making level crossings for rivet counters. With at least two different suppliers of TPWS loops out there, I'd have thought someone would be doing various types of barriers. Now I just need to find someone making all the warning signs - or repair my printer.
Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Site Timeline