Help needed - building an ex-GC "Director" in OO

Hello folks,

Latest project scheduled for the "dining table workshop" is a BR-era "Director" in lined mixed-traffic black. Can anyone advise on suitable back issues of RM for a drawing by either Nick Campling or Ian Beattie? The tender is less of a problem than the loco itself, as I already have old RMs with tender drawings for the ROD 2-8-0 (Beattie) and "Valour"

4-6-0 (Campling), and possibly the "Pom-Pom" 0-6-0 too, at least one of which should suit. Alternatively, to save an awful lot of work, if anyone has a GEM (white metal) or Jaycraft (polyester resin) "Director" body kit that they're looking to off-load for a reasonable sum, drop me a line.

Thanks in advance, David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

David

Some sources of info for you

Railway Modeller 1991 Feb page 74 - Drawing Ian Beattie

Model Railways 1974 May p 255, July p347, Nov p544. Detail drawings & photos with corrections. - Bernard Wright, lots of info here.

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Kevin,

Thanks for the magazine refs - will keep an eye out for both in s/hand bookshops and the like. The Beattie drawing ought to be the easier of the two to come by. The Feb '91 issue certainly isn't one I have in my collection of RMs at home, at any rate.

David

Reply to
deb107_york