Help with Hornby

I have just started in model railway's and I have purchased a Hornby 0-6-0T J83. I think that the front and rear buffers are to high compared to the rolling stock, do you make any modification to the loco body to adjust this difference of aprox 3mm.

Reply to
Paul

"Paul" wrote

The correct standard buffer height is 3'6" i.e. 14mm but I've found some Hornby wagons at least 16mm or more, so I'd check both heights.

I've also seen Hornby locos where the body has not been properly seated, in press release shots for goodness sake! If this is the case you may be able to properly seat the body by loosening some screws and jiggling a bit.

Reply to
Terry O'Brien

"John Turner" wrote

If the body is properly seated, a clip-fit body will be very difficult to adjust unfortunately. Perhaps John has one to hand to confirm the buffer height.

Reply to
Terry O'Brien

"Terry O'Brien" wrote

Also, the cab front windows should be round rather than the peculiar arch shaped efforts of the Hornby model. Not a terribly satisfactory model at all.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The J94 is one of the Dapol toolings that Hornby bought and dates from

1985. Hornby did have a standard buffer height that was higher than scale. The mk1 coaches for example are now fitted wag>Also, the cab front windows should be round rather than the peculiar arch

It was a pretty bad model for 1976 when it was first released, particularly as it was immediately overshadowed by the Kader produced J72.

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes