Help with lenz

Can some one tell me how to get into the CV controls I would like to switch on the lights that I have just fitted to a Bachmann 08. They say its simple!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to switch on the command for all lights, I understand that its in the CV codes around NO 50 and upwards I have a Lenz Compact , but I cant find how to get into these levels Is it possible someone talk me through the system.like a flow chart Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul, To get help you need to give out more information, which model decoder have you fitted? And which lights are connected to which wires? Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Hi. The decoder is LE 1025E type Compact The lights are for a Bachmann 08 and the light fitting is from Express Models. The lights are wired correctly, and they are to give me a red and white/ yellow front and rear. When the loco runs I only have one light showing Yellow/white in colour, if I reveres the loco it goes off. If I use F1 on the control I get one red light on in F/R motion. All I want to do is to have all the lights to come on at the press of the FO button and if I want them off press the FO button again. I have tried to understand the instructions it ref. to R1 to R8 CV1,2,3,429, 7,8. I have been told I need to go into CV 50 or higher . How the heck do you now how to find CV50 and higher. When I look at the screen display it shows like a U is this supposed to be a V to show the CV mode. I haven't got a clue. I have coded the loco to run on a certain number. No problem, but the rest ?????????????????? I hope you can understand this. Thanks for any help at all. Paul

Reply to
Paul

The express models site says use a 4 function decoder and connect one light to each function, so you should have lights connected one to each of the white, yellow, green and violet wires with the blue as the common. Is that correct?

The default for the 1025 is that white/yellow are set up for the head and tail lights and will come on with F0 one in forward one in reverse. This needs to be changed. green and violet are for F1 and F2.

So if you have not changed anything yet you should have one pair of lights working directionally on F0 and the others switched independently by F1 and F2. If this does not happen you may have a bad LED or connection.

The 1025 does not allow all of the lights to be controlled by F0 unless you connect all of them to the white wire, which could overload it. The best you can get is for the white wire to be controlled by F0 and the other 3 by F1.

To do this you need to set the following CVs

CV29 = 6 (this is the default) CV51 = 1 (default is 0 so this needs to be changed) CV54 = 1 (this is the default but best to check it) CV55 = 1 (default is 2 so this needs to be changed)

Unfortunately this is where you get stuck as it is not possible to programme these CVs with the Compact. If you don't have access to a bigger programming system you need a different approach.

To solve this problem disconnect your LEDs from the white and yellow wires and connect one each to the green and violet. You should then have two LEDs on green and two on Violet. Then you can ignore the F0 and switch your lights on and off using F1 and F2 without need to programme anything.

If you are OK with a bit of DIY electronics join MERG and you can get a kit for a standalone programmer that will programme any CV in any decoder.

Regards Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove