hornby ark royal

I dont know what you are trying to say Rich?? please enlighten.

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

We had about three dozen through the shop and every single one needed to be re-assembled. They all fell to pieces in transit.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

ok, both of mine are in the res pack with 3 guv vans so its quite a big box, the packaging is very tight to the 67 and the guv vans.

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

From memory even the ones in the RES sets needed re-assembling. Not a difficult job - once you'd got the body off! :-/

John.

Reply to
John Turner

ok, BTW... have you got a date for Hornby 50037 in blue, do you know the number of next large logo Hornby 50?

Thanks.

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

Any time now, the others have started to drift through

Not off the top of my head, but another batch of "Ark Royal" has just come into stock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Im still waiting for my ark royal from the new batch to arrive, hopefully soon.

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

We've had them for nearly two weeks now, are you sure your chosen retailer hasn't forgotten?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Should be here tomorrow hopefully ive been informed.

Reply to
ViP

"ViP"

Great, when will U81 be released?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

har de har

Reply to
ViP

Yep your right, got my ark royal this morning and no traction tyres.

Reply to
ViP

If it has traction tyres, and I don't care what it is, don't buy it. Period.

Can't believe that, in at least one advertisement I saw, a UK manufacturer would actually tout traction tyres as a selling feature.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Traction tyres have to be an improvement over Magnahesion on nickel-silver track! 8^)

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"Gregory Procter" wrote

But not needed on a loco which weighs as much as the Hornby class 50. Can't understand at all why they were fitted to the first batch.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Bad habits die hard? Accountants designed the model?

Reply to
Gregory Procter

manufacturer

Traction tyres are an improvement of nothing. They're a detrimental step.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I will have to do a test with a small number of wagons weighted down on both my tyred & non tyred ark royals and let the group know.

nickel-silver

Reply to
ViP

So they can drag 6 coaches round a first radius bend up a 1:20 incline?

Reply to
MartinS

Hmmm, I tried replacing the tyred wheels on a Roco tender drive loco - it would barely move itself and the loco with all metal tyres. The tyred wheels were a definite improvement! There is absolutely no additional space for extra weight in that particular model, other than replacing the plastic lights with metal lights.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter